Every person at Resource Furniture is deeply and fundamentally committed to the well-being and happiness of our employees
, the 100% satisfaction of our clients
, and the betterment of our communities and our earth
. We remain uniquely focused on these commitments every day.
These corporate and personal guiding principles remain just as strong today as the day Ron Barth and Steve Spett formed the company fifteen years ago.
Our Commitment to Sustainable Practices
North American homes, offices and other buildings contribute an estimated 2.2 billion tons of carbon dioxide to the atmosphere every year—more than one third of the continent’s greenhouse gas pollution output. Living in smaller - and most importantly - more efficient spaces while also constructing smaller and more energy efficient buildings is the cheapest and most economical way to make a dent in greenhouse gas emissions. Most of the products we sell make living in a smaller footprint not only comfortable, but desirable. In addition to a more sustainable end result, our individual products boast many important, sustainable features:
• The safest and most stringent and eco-friendly standards are used in the manufacturing of all composite wood products, composed of a minimum of 90% recyclable particle board, wood, glass, iron and aluminum. New chipboard panels are made of renewable, controlled virgin wood and rated E1 or better, featuring the highest quality of raw materials to allow a 35% reduction of scraps while reducing consumption of energy.
• All lacquers are water-based, solvent free and non-toxic as they do not contain formaldehyde.
• Integrated LED lighting enables approximately 80% energy savings compared to incandescent bulbs and 70% compared to halogen bulbs.
• Ultra-high-tech panel manufacturing: sealed routing and edge-binding with sawdust recapture and gas by product capture and recycling.
All Resource Furniture products:
• All products shipped to California are CARB2 compliant. We are working diligently with our entire supply chain to provide CARB2 compliant products to every client, even those outside of California.
• The furniture is all shipped flat-packed, so although most of it is shipped from Europe, a very small cubic dimension is actually required.
Our mattresses are made by Magniflex, a leader in manufacturing innovation. These mattresses feature:
• Oeko-Tex Certifications, low carbon footprint, very safe products following EU strict regulations: fully tested by two separate laboratories.
• Water expanded foams – no solvents, no off-gassing like other viscoelastic products.
• 100% non-toxic and biodegradable materials.
• Vacuum packing for efficient shipping (queen mattress is vacuum-packed into a 12” diameter package).
• Removable and washable covers available on several models.
Our Commitment to Product Quality
Poor quality products that fail within a short period of time and require replacement only add to our overtaxed landfills. Resource Furniture sells only the highest-quality products that are built to last.
• All of our products are made in modern, state-of-the-art facilities by well-paid, experienced craftsmen in accordance with the most stringent quality controls available in the world.
• We offer a lifetime warranty on all Clei mechanisms for residential use, and a five-year warranty for commercial use.
• For most of our products, a single damaged component can be replaced without sacrificing the entire piece.
• Almost all of the upholstery covers on our furniture are removable, washable and replaceable.
Our Commitment to Employee Happiness
Our employees are our most valuable asset, and everyone's contribution is appreciated and acknowledged. They work in safe and healthy environments. They are paid highly competitive salaries and are offered complete benefits packages, including:
• Comprehensive health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance.
• Employer matching 401(k) and profit sharing programs.
• Paid sick leave, paid personal time, maternity leave and paternity leave.
Our Commitment to Human Rights
In accordance with our strict standards on human rights, every company in our global supply chain - from our manufacturers to our installers - treats their employees with fairness and dignity. All products or product components are manufactured in a country that has adopted and conforms to the International Bill of Human Rights. The IBHR forms the foundation of many laws, conventions and treaties on human rights and comprises three fundamental instruments:
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR) 1948
is the most widely recognized human rights benchmark and establishes principles on issues such as equal pay for equal work, equal protection under law, freedom of association, the right to own property, and non-discrimination.
The International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights 1966
which covers civil and political rights - sometimes referred to as the first generation of human rights
- such as the right to life, the right to body integrity, the right to liberty and security, the right to a fair trial, the right to privacy, the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion, opinion, expression, peaceful assembly and association.
The International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights 1966
which covers economic, social and cultural rights - sometimes referred to as the second generation of human rights
- such as the right to work, the right to an adequate standard of living (food, clothing and housing) and the right to physical and mental health.